Sunday, November 28, 2010

Snow Bunny


My first time snow boarding was also my first ever seeing snow, so you can imagine how that goes. I started on the bunny slope with an instructor just to get the hang of things, and progressed from there. Next was the ski lift, if I could do that, I could basically conquer anything… I lost my balance more than a few times, but don’t you worry, the rock hard ice was there to break my fall. I finally was ready to hit the really slopes on my own with a few kids on my BMX team. So we hopped on the ski lift and away we went. While enjoying my ride it began to snow heavily I couldn’t even see the chair in front of me. Little did I know I was headed straight to the top of Snowshoe Mountain. We had missed my stops for the less qualified snow boarders and off to the double black diamond we went… Right off the lift was a steep drop and there goes my teammate zooming down the slope. I started off slow and gradually gained some confidence, but I also ate some snow along the way. My teammate was barely in my sight when I saw him do about lose control and do about five flips and come to a dead stop. Me, going as fast as I could, hmmm about the pace of your grandma trying to snowboard… I got to him and yelled to the skiers ahead to get help. He turned out to have broken his elbow and as the rescue crew left swiftly with him, I was left to tackle the rest of the mountain on my own. It wasn’t easy, but trust me, when I got back to flat ground I gave it one great, big, giant kiss!

No comments:

Post a Comment