Sunday, November 28, 2010

Tatted Up

Ok. So I moved away to college, I’ve been working my ass off in all of my classes and I figure what the hell... I’ll get a tattoo to top off! I guess I wanted to be a little rebellious with a hint of spontaneity. I had been working on this one design for a few weeks by then and my mind was set. I was going to get it permanently stamped on the inside of my foot. As I walked into Roaring Ink Tattoo Shop, of course I got the glares from all the people covered head to toe in works of art and the coolest thing I had was a double belly button piercing… I quickly noticed a girl cringing in the chair as she was get a tattoo right in the middle of her right thigh. She promptly confronted me with her pain and asked if she could hold my hand while the artist completed some outlining. We struck up a conversation about my design and she reassured me that it was really cool and it wouldn’t hurt too much. JR was going to be doing my tattoo and as he placed the stencil on my foot it all began to feel real and that I was going to have this with until I day I die. It wasn’t to bad at first, but boy I tell you what! The pain was excruciating when he got to middle of my foot. About a half hour passed by and he was finally done! My creation was permanent, and all I could think about was what my mom was going to say… But I love it and wouldn’t change a thing! After all, it says “ You Only Live Once.”

No comments:

Post a Comment